My grandma (who lives in California) has gotten a cat. His name is Henry.
I have been urging her to get a cat for months now. She is the BIGGEST animal lover (I inherited some of that) and she has had many animals in her day. She is always begging me to send more pictures of Eric and Bailey so she can see them, what they look like and how they act. Every time we talk we always spend at least a half hour just talking about my animals.
She has had her ups and downs in California. She lives alone, but had a boyfriend for quite sometime, actually until just last year. I could tell she has been pretty lonely lately and I kept bringing up the idea that she should get a cat. She is a big pessimist and thinks she is going to die very soon, so she didn't want to get one... unless I promised that I would come get it after she dies. Frankly the way I look at it, life is too short to worry about dying, so she may as well enjoy her last years with an adorable kitty.
The last time I talked with her she was NOT in a good mood, but she called me yesterday and it was like a 180. The Dr. changed some of her medicines so she was feeling better and she decided to go to an animal rescue place and pick out a cat. I haven't heard her so excited about something in a very long time.
Henry is year old and is supposedly a very loving and cuddly cat, just what she needed. She was head over heels for him yesterday and that just warms my heart... to know that her days will be brighter because of Henry. :)



2 comments:
This story makes me think of Chris' grandmother. She recently lost her cat (aka fat cat) who she had for several years (12 I think)
She was so sad and although you can't replace a pet her new little cat seems to cheer her up.
I agree animals do wonders for the soul I would be lost without my two babies!
Awww, you'll have to show us a picture of baby Henry!!!!!
Yes, I agree completely with you guys -- my doggies are my WORLD!!!!
Post a Comment