Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Change of Schedule

Well, there just isn't too much going on with me lately. Just working at the banking, praying for the BLM to call about a job. Lol. Ryan has been traveling a lot lately..... last week, this week and next week. :( I miss him like crazy, but at least I have my fabulous furry children to keep me occupied. Walks with Bailey in the late afternoons and snuggling with eric in the evenings. :) In fact I have a furball on my lap as I am typing right now.

The biggest thing going on is at the bank. Last week the president emailed everyone a survey. A survey about a possible change of our work hours. Mr. president wants to change our small, community banks hours so that we can compete with Wells Fargo. Boo. We are currently open until 3 Monday-Thursday and 6 on Fridays. However, our drive through is open until 6 Mon.-Fri. He would like our main lobby be open until 5 and he would also like us to be open on Saturday mornings. As you can imagine there weren't a lot of people that were pro the new schedule change... but that doesn't really matter... as long as the president is.

I brought up a good point while filling out my survey. When I met with Mr. President about a month ago, we talked for over an hour. He told me that he encourages all of his employees to be involved in the community and wants them to do 2 community service activities throughout the year. I responded to his survey with this problem, if we have to work in the evenings and on Saturdays, how can we volunteer our time within the community. He hasn't responded.

Then this weekend I actually came up with a dilemma because of all of this. Our community is preparing for soccer season. Walmart had soccer balls on sale and I bought a bunch of them. My next door neighbor came over Saturday night and said he had just come home from a soccer meeting. The lady in charge of the program wanted to know if I wanted to coach the older kids.... high school aged and be the head coach. But there is no way I can commit to anything if the Pres is going to change the schedule. (Although I am not sure I want coach High Schoolers all by myself, I like the younger kids better... they listen more.)

I came into work yesterday and I emailed the President. I said this is my dilemma. I want to coach, but I can't because I don't know if I will be able to commit to a team, if you change our work schedule. What do I do.

He hasn't emailed me back. We do, however have an all employee meeting on Weds. Hopefully he will address this then.

So that is it... pretty boring, huh?

I will update you on Weds., if I get any info.... as well as an ANTM update. Whoo hoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that one... maybe BLM will call you today and you don't have to worry about any of this any more! :) Yea right.