Our new backyard was NOT very pretty. It had about 2 patches of grass and the rest was weeds and stickers. Poor Bailey had to learn fast how to take them all out of her feet!
I LOVE grass and so does Bailey so we decided to grass the yard. Being low on funds because we just bought the house we decided to seed the lawn (Kentucky Bluegrass to be exact). I know it is kinda late in the season to seed, BUT they say the best time to seed is when it is in the 80’s and Grants will be in the mid 80’s for the next 2 weeks.
Being that I am off this week we decided to start the yard process. Ryan tilled half the yard last night and my job was to rake up all the dead weeds this morning. Which I did... I’m also supposed to dispose of them… but I was too hot and decided to give up until Ryan comes home… Ugh… I’m hot! What a ton of work and that was only half the yard! At least we are half way done, the next step is to fertilize, then seed and then WAIT for the grass to come!
My only other issue is that Bailey can’t mess with the grass as it is growing… so she has to be stuck in the stupid dog run for like 2 weeks. Poor baby. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
good job on the yard work. Now that you two are pros... you can come help us!!!! Just kidding. I can't wait to see it. Have a nice week off work. Talk to you later. BTW... I can't wait for warm again... I have been freezing here!!!
Congrats homeowner! Trust me I know yard work can be a pain, but the outcome will be well worth it.
Post a Comment