Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Job

By the Way, I got a job in Grants finally! It is only a seasonal job with the BLM, but I'm still pretty stoked about it! I will be a seasonal Park Ranger for 6 mos. until the permanent position opens up. If I like what I'm doing I will apply for the permanent position.

Just to clarify I will not be the type of ranger that has a gun... although I wouldn't totally mind that. I will be more of a public outreach ranger. I will be going into schools, giving tours and probably for the most part manning the ranger station. I was also told I could take my dog out with me when I go into the field. :) That will be fun!

I also have to wear a uniform and work some weekends. (LAME) But I'm trying to think positively about it all! Also, I will be working for a small office (about 5 people) and I've already been warned that there is a lot of head butting. Hopefully it won't be too stressful. But I will give details as I get them.

I am scheduled to start June, 23.

2 comments:

Abby Reed said...

holy crap, I am soooo happy for you. and slightly pissed to read happy info like this on your blog, JK, lol. LOVE YOU HAPPY FOR YOU. CALL YOU LATER.

*EFFN BLOG said...

That sounds like a fun job, really! You get to be outdoors instead of stuck in an office...I'd take that in a heartbeat! I would definitely put in a request for a gun!