Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to work…

I’m not ready… or am I? I have been working since High school, I haven’t had more than 2 weeks off since I graduated High School (5 years ago). I go back to work on Monday, after having 2 weeks off. I am totally not ready to go back. I love sleeping in, even if it is just until 8 or 9, I love being able to hang out with my furry children more, I enjoy watching hours of TLC, while cleaning up around the house, I also enjoy being able to wear whatever the hell I want, and I love that I can bake and pick out dinner ahead of time.

I also think I’m ready to go back. I often feel like I am being a lazy Mexican. Watching hours of TLC doesn’t do anything for me except for make we want to have children (which isn’t happening anytime soon). I have also been spending waaay too much money. Since I last left work, we’ve bought a house, a new leather couch and a 40” flat screen TV, not including all the other little things : grass seed, fertilizer, hoses, sprinklers, doggy gate, dog beds, shower curtain and rods, etc. All of which definitely adds up and does not include the bills.

I guess I’m ready, but I’m also not ready at all. I think most if it is that I’m a little nervous. This is a new job, with a new boss, new colleagues and new tasks. I still am not even sure exactly what I will be doing or even what hours or what days I will be working. Yuck.

I guess this is a stay tuned… I will find out Monday whether I was ready or not. I think I am ready, just a little anxious.

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

despite the fact that you're a lazy Mexican.... you're my FAVORITE Mexican, too. Oh, and the cutest blonde Mexican I've ever met :)