This week, my first week of work, has been interesting. I already mentioned that we had no boss and our office is under construction. Luckily some of the ladies were nice enough to show me around, so I would get to know our wilderness areas. They also told me that I needed to hike all of the trails that way I would know what kind of people to send out on each trail. Because as you can imagine, some trails are a little more demanding than others.
Well as of Thursday I had hiked 9 miles. However, today that total changed to 17 miles. That is right, I hiked 8 miles today. Isn’t that insane…. This, from the girly girl who sat on her butt and watched TLC for 2 weeks while she was off of work on vacation.
I guess I never envisioned park rangers hiking so damn much… boy was I wrong! I hope I am cut out for this… I thought I was going to die during the 8 miles today, but I didn’t and I made it without complaint. However, I’m not too positive that is something I can do daily. The ladies told me it gets easier the more you do it, but I just kept thinking do I have to do it more?!
My only future with the BLM here is a park ranger, to use my PR degree I could be an interpretive park ranger and give tours and such… Can you imagine hiking 8 miles while giving a tour and talking about things to a group of kids?
I guess I will see how things pan out, I mean after all I have only worked one week here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
at least you'll be able to lose those 5 pounds you're trying for :)
Post a Comment