
Guiding Light was the longest running soap opera. My great grandmother used to listen to it on the radio, my grandmother watched it in black and white, my mom watched it in color and I watched it on my 48 inch HD flat screen. Ha!
Because everyone from my great grandma watched this show, I knew EVERYTHING about each character on the show. All the knowledge was passed down. They were like our second family. During the school year when my mom and I wouldn't be able to watch the show (before DVR), we would call my grandma up and ask her what was happening to our favorite characters. It was amazing how fast you could catch up, after missing 6 months, just by knowing all the characters and piecing everything together.
Over the past year, I started recording each episode on my DVR. When I heard they were cancelling it... I was devastated. (I've saved the last 10 episodes for my mom to watch, when she comes and visits next) I know, it sounds soo silly. But to me it was like an end of an era. It was something that all the women in my family had in common and now that stops with me.
RIP Guiding Light. Your stupid stories and great characters will live with my family forever.



1 comment:
haha, that's how I felt about Friends.... it was like I mourned for awhile, lol.
Post a Comment