Tuesday, September 2, 2008

NY part1

Where the hell do I begin! Ahh!

We will start with a summary and then I will got more in depth on other blogs, for things that stood out for me throughout the trip.

Friday morning, we got up and left the house at 4 in the morning. I was VERY excited. 12 hours later, we are flying over NY! :) Seeing the city, the Statue of Liberty and then the Yankee Stadiums was absolutely amazing. When we landed it still didn't seem real.

My mom's best friend (who she hasn't seen in 23 years) picked us up from the airport and also put us up in her home. After she picked us up she took us to where my mom grew up. It was amazing to see my mom run up the steps to the house she lived in for so many years, knowing she had done that countless times before. Amazingly most of her old neighbors still live there and they had a big reunion in the street.

After dinner and a lot of drinks we all went to bed. The next day was insane. We got up early and toured the whole city. We started off at the 9/11 sight, which I think I will write its own blog about later. We walked everywhere that day. We saw, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Soho where I did some shopping, The Today show, NBC experience, Times Square and many others that I can't remember. We ended with a nice dinner at Portobella's Italian restaurant and then Gelato down the street.

The next day was the New York Yankee's day. We headed to the stadium as soon as we got up and it was a very magical experience for me. This will also be its own blog that I will write later on. After the game we headed uptown, we walked by Madison Square Garden and then walked around a little more until our feet couldn't walk anymore. We ended our crazy NY tour with delivered NY style Pizza at home and then hit the sac for another day of traveling home.

I am thinking about also writing a blog about the cultural differences that I experienced. But, I am not sure I can write everything today. So stay tuned today and throughout the week I will continue my NY blogging! :)

No comments: