Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Attitude



The past couple days (or maybe it was the turning of age) I have realized that I haven't had the best of attitudes lately. Usually I'm a pretty positive person, but lately that hasn't been the case.


I'm not sure what turned my mood, but I am definitely embracing it. I have been positive lately, I got my work schedule changed (Thanks to some help from Dawn), I don't have to go out in the field everyday and hike (but if I did I wouldn't mind it, I would be happy not to be stuck in the office), I get to greet visitors and tourists and help show them the scenic and marvelous places around El Malpais and Grants. I have a fabulous fiance and we have less than 5 months before we tie the knot. I have great friends and a wonderful family. They may not live in the same town as me, but they are not far away! And I have 2 furry kids that I look forward to coming home and seeing everyday because they love me unconditionally!

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts



So to all those people that are feeling down and think they are in a crappy situation, heck or even a crappy job. Turn that frown upside down and think that Life is what you make it... and keep a positive attitude.

Here are some good quotes I've been using as inspiration:

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. "
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
~ Buddha

"When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity."
~ John F. Kennedy

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

good for you sista!

PS: you got your schedule changed? write a blog about that... I want details!