Saturday was our very last game for the AYSO soccer season. I had a really good time coaching this year. At first I was nervous... I work Saturdays and couldn't make all of their games AND it was a U-14 soccer team (13 and 14 year olds..scary). But MOST of the kids were really good kids and that made the season really fun. Unfortunately, we were the last team in our division and got dealt a handful of players that didn't have a lot of experience. Fortunately, it was a fun coaching experience and quite the challenge.
I must say I am very proud of our players, they have come a very long way from the beginning of the season and it is soo nice to have seen all of their progress. We started off the season loosing every single game... by A LOT! The past 3 weeks my kiddos have really started playing like a team and the games started getting closer and closer. We ended the season tying the best team in the league (4-4) and then beating the second best team in the league (5-2)!!! If that isn't progress... I don't know what is! lol
Congrats to my soccer team on working hard all season to end it successfully! (pictures to follow)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment