Whew, what a Whirlwind!
This weekend we went to Colorado Springs for our friends, Travis and Ashlee's wedding. We both took Friday off of work and left that morning. We stopped in Albuquerque on the way to pick up my new glasses. 8) I have been sporting glasses instead of contacts for about year now, because of my extremely dry eyes (booo...). The last time I went to Albuquerque and met up with my parents, we stopped to look at the glasses at Sam's Club. They had these stylish frames that had magnet sunglasses that go with them and my parents decided to buy them for me for my birthday! :) After we picked them up... so I could wear them for the weekend, of course, he headed North.
Anyway, after making only a couple stops to eat and pee and all that fun stuff we got to Colorado Springs, which is only a little over 6 hours from us. After we checked into our hotel we called up the bride and groom and went out for some drinks with them, to celebrate the night before their wedding. I think they really needed that as a stress reliever, but doesn't every couple the night before their wedding?!
Saturday, before the wedding we headed to Castle Rock, a town about 30 minutes from Colorado Springs. Our main purpose of going there was an outlet mall! I have NEVER been to an outlet mall and I already can't wait to go back! I have been wanting a new handbag and it turns out this mall had a Coach outlet store...sigh... *heaven*. I felt pretty bad for Ryan, but they were having an AMAZING sale....2 handbags later and then a quick trip to the Banana Republic we headed back to Colorado Springs to get ready for the wedding.
Their wedding was the first one we have been to since our very own wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony in the mountains and we all missed getting poured on by about 5 minutes! The reception was a BLAST!! Free alcohol and good dance music... Ryan and I danced the night away. The photographer came up to us when we were leaving and told us we tore up the dance floor and that he took a ton of pictures of us, so that outta be interesting!
And finally we drove all day Sunday and got back at 6. Whew!! I actually have tomorrow off as well, but only because I am going to Albuquerque for a 2 hour allergy test. I am excited to see what I am allergic to, but I am a little nervous at the same time. I will probably blog about that when I get back manana. Anyway, that was MY weekend... a New purse, new clothes, a wedding and a fun trip with my husband... couldn't get any better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great time. I LOVE outlet malls! We always go to them when we travel.
Post a Comment